Expanding Your Talent Pool: Disability Inclusion in Advanced Manufacturing
02:00 PM - 03:00 PM Eastern
- Ellice Switzer
Advanced manufacturing — the creation of components of cutting-edge technologies, energy systems and vehicles — is a growth industry in the United States. This industry needs new workers to power the expansion of this burgeoning field. With the right training and support, people with disabilities can be a key talent pool. Research suggests disability-inclusive companies experience benefits like greater returns on investment, lower turnover and increased productivity. Partnering with a community-based disability organization enables manufacturing companies to access talent with disabilities.
In this webinar, participants will learn about an innovative partnership between FALA Technologies and the Resource Center for Accessible Living in New York’s Hudson Valley. The presenters will share how they developed a successful pre-apprenticeship model program to train workers with disabilities for advanced manufacturing jobs. Topics will include:
- The benefits of investing in pre-employment training and community partnerships to expand your talent pipeline of people with disabilities.
- Examples of employees with disabilities, including those with autism and other neurodiverse conditions, thriving in STEM-related industries.
- Strategies for working with community organizations to develop industry-driven training for workers with disabilities in advanced manufacturing.
- Frank Falatyn, President, FALA Technologies
- Hillary Nichols, Supervisor of Employment Services, Resource Center for Accessible Living (RCAL)